Pages

Friday 31 July 2015

INFOGRAPHIC: HOW THE INTERNET CHANGES YOUR BRAIN


wpsEE35.tmp
How the Internet Changes Your Brain [Infographic]
By Chris Zook,
Webpage FX, 16 July 2015.

The Internet is a huge part of everyday life. What started as a project to share data among West Coast universities has exponentially grown and taken a life of its own.

Still, the Internet is relatively new to the world. Computer scientists laid the foundation for the Internet in 1969, and in the past 45 years it’s become the fastest and most efficient avenue of information exchange in history. With text, photo, video, games, social networks, and more, it’s no wonder Millennials reportedly average three-and-a-half hours on the Internet every day - and they’re not even the generation that’s fully grown up with Internet access.

But does all of this time spent online have consequences?

That’s what I wanted to check out. I love the Internet - it’s a big reason why I work at Webpage FX - and when I first started researching this topic, I didn’t think I’d find anything conclusive on how the Internet affects people’s brains. I was really just curious.

But with help from researchers and psychology publications, I found some compelling evidence that stopped me in my tracks. And while I stubbornly didn’t want to believe it all at first, I can’t refute the research - the Internet really does change your brain.


[Source: Webpage FX.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please adhere to proper blog etiquette when posting your comments. This blog owner will exercise his absolution discretion in allowing or rejecting any comments that are deemed seditious, defamatory, libelous, racist, vulgar, insulting, and other remarks that exhibit similar characteristics. If you insist on using anonymous comments, please write your name or other IDs at the end of your message.