Pages

Saturday 20 September 2014

VIDEO: THE WEIRDEST AND MOST BEAUTIFUL TIME LAPSE EVER SEEN


This is the weirdest and most beautiful time lapse I've ever seen
This is the weirdest and most beautiful time lapse I've ever seen
By Omar Kardoudi,
Sploid, 19 September 2014.

This is not your usual eye-candy time lapse of a gorgeous landscape. This one - created by Jeff Frost - is different. Speaks directly to the feelings. It's sometimes creepy, violent, and weird. And others stunning, beautiful, and relaxing. The same type of contrasts you find in real life. That's why I like it so much.

Jeff used 300,000 photos to complete the video. He writes:
The news agencies I contacted had no idea what to do with time lapse footage of riots, which was okay with me because I had been thinking about re-contextualizing news as art for some time. After that I got the bug. I chased down wildfires, walked down storm drains on the L.A. River and found abandoned houses where I could set up elaborate optical illusion paintings.

[Source: Sploid.]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please adhere to proper blog etiquette when posting your comments. This blog owner will exercise his absolution discretion in allowing or rejecting any comments that are deemed seditious, defamatory, libelous, racist, vulgar, insulting, and other remarks that exhibit similar characteristics. If you insist on using anonymous comments, please write your name or other IDs at the end of your message.